University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Applications are invited from interested and eligible applicants for the University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023/2024.
This article covers the University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, eligibility and requirements, closing date, and more.
- Host Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Study in: Canada
- Study level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
Description of University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023
The University of Waterloo is presenting the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards to the highly successful candidates in support of Canadian and international students. This is a full-time program open to students from around the world who want to study in any Waterloo Faculty undergraduate and graduate degree program.
Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program.
University of Waterloo, as a public research university in Canada, is continuously listed as the most creative university in Canada and the most popular for its cooperative education programs. It provides six faculties and ten faculty-based colleges administering educational programs.
Why at the University of Waterloo? It’s a excellent chance for learners to work at this university. Here, through management coaching, organizational development courses, and secondments, applicants can appreciate important chances to develop their profession.
University of Waterloo Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the University of Waterloo, University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023.
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates who have the good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorship – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand-parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply for University of Waterloo Scholarship
Please follow below steps to avail David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award scholarship:
- Candidates need to take admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree program. After taking admission, candidates can access the application on their forms pages.
- Applicants need to attach a personal statement which will refer to the application form. All applicants must provide evidence of their English language ability to meets the minimum requirements for admission.
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship:
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; hence no separate scholarship application is required.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the students and nominate for the scholarship.
- See the official website (link found below) for the application deadlines specific to each Masters degree program.
University of Waterloo Scholarship Application Deadline
- For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
- For Masters and PhD: Click here to view the program specific deadline.
To know more about University of Waterloo Scholarships, please visit official website:
- International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship
- David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.